It’s your wedding and you are looking for the perfect wedding cake. You have your eyes on something beautiful and chic, unfortunately your budget is nowhere near your taste for elegance.
GET IT RIGHT….from the start?
Start your cake search early, at least four to six months before your wedding. Referrals from friends are great but also plan to attend a few wedding exhibitions. Exhibitions are the best places to find cakes in different shapes, sizes and flavors under one roof.
You will be able to sample different flavors of cakes, and meet bakers looking to attend to you one-one-one. They will be willing to offer you great discounts too.
WHAT’S…. in your Cake?
To be honest with you, there are no rules when it comes to choosing your wedding cake. You have the privilege to create your dream cake away from the cookie-cutter traditional tiered white wedding cakes.
Traditional wedding cakes are tiered fruit sponge cakes due to the norm of saving the top layer for your first baby’s christening. However, many brides today choose their favorite colors with endless possibilities.
WHEN YOU HAVE…. a Cake talk
- Be expressive and creative when choosing your wedding cake.
- Allow your wedding color scheme, style and your two unique personalities play a big role in achieving your aim.
- Take pictures of your ideal cake with you to your cake appointment
- Go through the bakers’ portfolio of work to see their previous designs; a great way to verify that you are speaking to the right people.
- Present your budget and only insist on seeing cakes within your set budget.
- Tell them the number of guests you are expecting.
- Ask about preservative measures needed to enable you store the cake for longer.
- Keep your support team to a minimum when going for tasting to avoid conflict of opinion.
ALL in all the final decision is yours so choose a cake that not only looks good but taste good too!! BEST OF LUCK